At Arcadia Run, we love our location in Manassas, VA and being part of the great Prince William County! There are always great events going on throughout the community and it’s fun to get involved. If you are looking for some family fun, or just something to do this weekend, The Washington Post shared a list of all things happening in the area:
FRIDAY, AUG. 28
· American Legion dinner – The public is invited to dinner with a different special each week. Proceeds support local veterans and the community. 5:30-7:30 p.m. Woodbridge American Legion, 3640 Friendly Post Lane, Woodbridge. 703-494-4304. www.vapost364.org. $5-$15.
· “Monsters University” movie – Bring a blanket or a lawn chair for a screening of the animated movie. 8:30 p.m. Loy E. Harris Pavilion, 9201 Center St., Manassas. 703-361-9800. Free.
SATURDAY, AUG. 29
· Shape Up Yoga – Taught by Bedrock Yoga as part of its Karma series. 9 a.m. Loy E. Harris Pavilion, 9201 Center St., Manassas. 703-895-3176. $20.
· Yoga on the Lawn – Vinyasa yoga taught by Hamuri Allen. 9 a.m. Rippon Lodge Historic Site, 15520 Blackburn Rd., Woodbridge. 703-499-9812. www.pwcgov.org/ripponlodge. $5.
· VFW barbecue – Kansas City-style barbecue to raise funds to buy personal care items for hospitalized veterans. 11 a.m.-3 p.m. VFW Post 1503, 14631 Minnieville Rd., Dale City. 703-670-4124. www.vfwpost1503.com. $15.
· Beer and Bacon Fest – With music on the main stage, more than two tons of bacon will be cooked at the event. 2-5 p.m. Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center, 14900 Potomac Town Pl., Woodbridge. 800-830-3976. www.stonebridgeptc.com. $25-$69.
SUNDAY, AUG. 30
· Bird walk – The guided tour will include a variety of habitats. Bring binoculars and cameras. 8 a.m. Merrimac Farm Wildlife Management Area, North Parking Lot, 15020 Deepwood Lane, Nokesville. 703-499-4954. email@example.com. Free.
MONDAY, AUG. 31
· Job search network group – Plus discussion of various topics related to the search process. Mondays 1-3 p.m. House of Mercy, 8170 Flannery Ct., Manassas. 703-659-1636. Free.
· Bingo – Proceeds support Dale City Knights of Columbus activities and charities. Doors open at 6 p.m., games begin at 7:30 p.m. VFW Post 1503, 14631 Minnieville Rd., Dale City. 703-491-2378. $9 minimum.