Manassas, Virginia, which is home to our Arcadia Run apartments, is also home to an abundance of activities and events throughout the year. This summer has only just begun but there are already so many fun things lined up for the weeks ahead. Take a look!
1. Visit the Farmer’s Market – One of the greatest perks to the warmer weather is the regular farmer’s market with fresh produce! The Harris Pavilion hosts a Farmer’s Market every Thursday from 7:30am to 1:00pm. Stop by and pick up fresh fruits and vegetables for the entire week!
2. Catch an Outdoor Concert – With Jiffy Lube Live right around the corner, catching an outdoor summer concert is more convenient than ever. Take a look at this summer’s line up; with so many different artists, there’s bound to be a performance you’ll love!
3. First Fridays – On the first Friday of every month, participating shops in Historic Downtown Manassas extend their hours and offer themed specials for patrons. Shopping around downtown Manassas on a relaxing summer evening is a great way to unwind after the week.
4. Explore Culinary Attractions – Manassas has such a broad spectrum of attractions – exquisite dining options being one of them. This summer, why not stroll around and discover a new favorite restaurant in town? Take a look at this map to see what dining, and other attractions, are nearby Arcadia Run.
5. Manassas National Battlefield Park – If you live in Manassas but have yet to visit the Manassas Battlefield Park, you are long overdue! This famous historic site is worth visiting – especially on a beautiful summer day.
6. Get Crafty – With sites like Pinterest, it’s easy to feel crafty from time to time. Take a look at our DIY Projects for the Home Board for a little inspiration!
7. Visit the Waterpark – Right here in Manassas is the SplashDown Waterpark, perfect for those exceptionally hot days. It wouldn’t be summer vacation without a visit to the waterpark!
8. Bike Manassas – On the 2nd Saturday of every month, join a bike tour that will take you around Manassas to showcase different historic sites around the city. The tour runs about 8 miles and is appropriate for everyone over 12. With the beautiful weather, this is a great excuse to get outside and explore Manassas in a unique way.
9. Fourth of July Fireworks – And finally, celebrate Independence Day with the City of Manassas at the Old Town Manassas Train Depot & Museum Lawn. With live music, an apple pie baking contest, a watermelon eating contest, carnival attractions, and of course, fireworks, this will be a fun summer event for everyone. More details can be found here!