We already know that Arcadia Run is located in one of the most charming towns in Virginia. But Manassas, VA is also filled with plenty of fun things to do for people with all interests. Whether you’re searching for adventure or a relaxing evening, here are 11 of the many things to do in Manassas:
1. Brush up on your history: If you’re a history buff, you’re in luck. Manassas is completely immersed in American history – there are numerous Civil War sites and historical buildings. You could visit the Manassas National Battlefield Park or any of the buildings listed on the historic registry.
2. Grab a bite to eat: Hungry? Perfect! Manassas has many restaurants like Foster’s Grille and Zabb Thai that are local favorites. Explore the dining scene and find a new favorite dish!
3. The Candy Factory: This historic building, which was once a busy candy factory, now hosts the Center for the Arts. They welcome nearly 15,000 visitors a year and introduce new art to people of all ages.
4. Escape: Stressful week? Visit any of the spas right here in Manassas. You can choose from LaFemme, Escape, Harmony and many more.
5. Go to a play: Vpstart Crow Productions at the Cramer Center is the only professional theatre company in our area. From Shakespeare to contemporary playwrights, Vpstart Crow Productions is one of the best and always puts on a great show.
6. Bull Run Regional Park Shooting Center: With five different shooting games and a Learn-To-Shoot class, newcomers and veterans alike will have a great time at the range.
7. BadWolf Brewing Company: This local brewery focuses on making quality craft beers that appeal to the residents of Manassas. At their brewery, you can bring your own food or order delivery to enjoy with their beer.
8. The Harris Pavilion: This pavilion changes with the seasons: In the spring and summer it’s open for concerts and performances. Then in November, it’s transformed into an open-air ice rink. No matter the season, there’s always something fun to do at the pavilion!
9. Fly: American Aviation Services offers flight lessons with a FAA certified instructor at the Manassas Regional Airport. Students will get to take control of the plane themselves and fly. What a thrill!
10.Race: After flying a plane, why not drive a racecar? TryRacingCars.com has a location in Manassas that allows guests to learn how-to instructions of real life racecar driving.
11.Mary Louise Jackson Amphitheater: Everything from musical performance and international festivals to plays and local entertainment visit this amphitheater to perform. With seating for 750 people, any performance is bound to be a good time.