Moving into a new apartment gives tenants a chance to revamp their green living habits. With growing concerns to preserve the environment and reduce our ecological footprints, more and more people are taking proactive steps to live in a more environmentally responsible way.
Here are a few small green ways you can make a big difference when living in your new apartment at Arcadia Run!
- Buy eco-friendly cleaning products to use when cleaning your apartment. Or better yet, make your own cleaning products from natural materials you might already have. Most organic cleaners are just as effective as the others – and without filling your space with strong chemical odors!
- Why not try out your green thumb and care for a small herb garden on your balcony or patio – or even on your kitchen counter! You’ll always have your favorite herbs handy, saving you a trip to the grocery store.
- Who doesn’t love their single-cup coffee maker? Unfortunately, those little empty k-cups easily find their way into landfills, and they’re building up fast. Opt for a reusable k-cup instead – it’s cheaper in the long term and helps reduce waste.
- When we’re rushing out the door in the morning, it can be hard to remember to unplug small electronics or turn off a lamp. Try writing yourself notes or setting reminders to do so – you’ll end up preserving energy, which could translate to a smaller utility bill!
- Instead of buying bottled water, invest in a water filter pitcher instead. You’ll avoid a trashcan full of plastic bottles and will always have fresh water when you want it.
- Build your collection of canvas grocery bags. Using reusable canvas bags are sturdier and better for the environment than the plastic ones. Plus, some grocery stores even offer incentives to use canvas bags instead!
In truth, these are green living habits that can be implemented anywhere. And at Arcadia Run, we love to see our residents do more to preserve the environment – every little bit helps! So what better time to adopt a few easy green habits than the spring season? Warmer weather and blooming flowers will be here in no time at all!